EUP Trip Report, Jan. 19, 2017

Bird sightings, trip reports, ask for ID

EUP Trip Report, Jan. 19, 2017

Postby Bill Grigg » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:34 pm

Four birders left Rogers City today (Jan. 19, 2017) to go birding in the EUP. We went to the Hulbert Bog, Dafter village and landfill, the Rudyard loop, and the Pickford Charles Street feeders. We had a good day of birding!
Highlights include 7 snowy owls (mainly at the Rudyard loop), 50 evening grosbeaks at four sites, 160 bohemian waxwings (at the village of Dafter and flyover flock at the landfill), three gray jays at Hulbert, 8 sharp-tailed grouse. A good day of birding, with good people.

On a sad note, I dropped off a bag of sunflower seeds at the Charles Street, Pickford feeders location, and met a very nice lady who owned the house and maintained the feeders. Very pleased to have the donation! She said that this March she was putting her house up for sale, and will be leaving the area. I thanked her for all her kindness in sharing her birds with all the visiting birders over the past years. I would hope that any birders visiting her feeders in the future would take the time to thank her, or leave her a note for her efforts in providing us 'trolls' the privilege of viewing her birds over the years.

Thanks, and good birding - Bill Grigg.
Bill Grigg

Re: EUP Trip Report, Jan. 19, 2017

Postby MikeW » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Nice report Bill, thanks!
MikeW

Re: EUP Trip Report, Jan. 19, 2017

Postby SandyLee » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Thanks much Bill! Great report!

Sorry to hear that the nice, generous lady will be leaving... So wonderful of you to drop off the birdseed.
- Sandy
SandyLee

Return to Sightings