spring

Birds around your backyard

spring

Postby Cindee » Wed May 10, 2017 9:57 am

I can't be the only person that has had some spring arrivals. Where is everyone? Oh well anyway here goes. I had one male oriole last week but hadn't seen him since but today there were 2 out there eating grape jelly. I also had a White-crowned sparrow last week and hadn't seen him since but today 2 of them showed up. I also had the first junco in a couple of weeks and the first Pileated Woodpecker in a couple of months. There are several Rose-breasted Grosbeaks hanging around too. Lots of Tree Swallows.

I also have 4 Bluebird eggs that I anticipate will hatch some time next week. Keep your fingers crossed.
Cindee

Re: spring

Postby Cvc » Wed May 10, 2017 7:30 pm

Still here and very happy it is Spring and our old friends are coming back. Rose-breasted Grosbeaks on the seed feeders and Green Herons around the pond. Still no Oriole visitors on the oranges and jelly. We put out hummingbird feeders this week, but have not seen any yet. Hoping for both this weekend. So great you have Bluebird babies on the way. We had some checking out the nest box, but they did not stay.
Cvc

Postby Cindee » Thu May 11, 2017 9:43 am

Good to know there is at least 1 person out there. I miss hearing from so many that used to be on this site. Happy spring!
Cindee

Postby MikeW » Thu May 11, 2017 11:56 pm

Thanks for the report Cindee and Cvc. I too miss all the action and good info this site used to have. I will try to post some photos from this spring over the weekend. I have a couple Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, a ton of Cardinals (families from the last 5 or 6 years that have grown up around all my feeders I guess), lots of goldfinches, titmice, various sparrows and an assortment of woodpeckers but no Pileated of course. Juncos seem to have finally left this area.
Have a good weekend when it gets here and Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there.
Mike
MikeW

Return to Backyard Birding