Branch or Hillsdale Counties.

Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you

Branch or Hillsdale Counties.

Postby FredZ » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:43 am

I'm wondering if I'm the only person from my area that uses this site. Not many people include their location. Anybody out there ???
FredZ

Re: Branch or Hillsdale Counties.

Postby Russ Emmons » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Not sure of those countys Fred, but I've always found it interesting we seldom get postings from Kalamazoo or Washtenaw countys----2 of the most birder & birdy plentiful countys in the midwest! ! :?

Russ Emmons
'mi ojo es en la cielo' por aves!
Russ Emmons

Postby SandyLee » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Thanks for starting this thread, FredZ... and for commenting Russ.....

It Would be REALLY helpful if our members could add their location.... It's EASY! Click on the "User Control Panel" on the upper left of your screen.... Click on "Profile".... type in your location in the little "location" window.

We do have members from all around the Great Lakes areas..... would be SO nice to see where you are from when you make a post. It would be only displayed under your Avatar.

Remind me to make a note of this for our next newsletter! All comments and questions are welcome! Thanks, "guys"! :D
- Sandy
SandyLee

Postby FredZ » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:17 pm

I'd like to get a couple of people together to do a Christmas Bird Count for this area. Each yr. I join the folks that do a count centered at Pokagon State Park in Angola Indiana but it would be nice to be able to compile a count for S. Central Mich. I'm an Audubon member but the nearest chapters are quite a distance from here and I don't think anyone other than me and my wife submit anything.
There are a few people that do different county counts that come here occasionally from other parts of the state but no real regulars.
We've got some really good areas that need counting. If anyone lives in our area and is interested maybe we could put something together.
FredZ

Postby FredZ » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:03 am

Well it's been ten days since I posted this subject and have had no local replies so I guess I'm pretty much alone down here. I received the report from last yrs. CBC this wk. and there is a large reporting gap below I-94 in central Mi. There must be people that enjoy birds in the Coldwater area but they must not do much ebird or mibirdingnet reporting. Guess we'll just keep plugging along :}
FredZ

Postby SandyLee » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:14 pm

Yeah, Fred.... you are looking a bit "lonely" down there... please stay with us here on MBN.... let's hope we can find some others in your area. I'll include a "location" note in our next newsletter. I'm also thinking about making a Facebook page for MBN. (I do have a personal one... Sandy Witvoet ... if you "do" Facebook) maybe we can pump up some more membership in the coming months. Thanks for your contributions here!
- Sandy
SandyLee

Postby FredZ » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:43 pm

Thanks Sandy, not to worry you guys are stuck with me :}
FredZ

Postby SandyLee » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:07 pm

FredZ wrote:Thanks Sandy, not to worry you guys are stuck with me :}

COOL! :D
- Sandy
SandyLee

Postby nortonpics » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:09 am

I just found this site but I am in Branch Co. In Union City.
nortonpics

Postby FredZ » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:29 am

Hi Robert, Great capture on the Golden Eagle !! We had a couple of immature birds down here a couple of years ago. As you may have seen we had a Snowy Owl earlier this week. Been checking but haven't seen it in a couple of days.

Hoping to head to Morenci today to find the Greater White-fronted Goose at the water treatment plant. I'll post it if I do.

Hope to run into you one of these days.
FredZ

Next

Return to Meet and Greet