New from SE Michigan

Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you

New from SE Michigan

Postby Rena » Tue May 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi, my name's Rena. I recently became very interested in birds, but specifically owls.

I went to the Whitefish Point Bird Observatory in April and saw long-eared owls flying for the first time in my life. I also saw banding of boreal and saw whets. Then last week I went to Blandford Nature Center in Grand Rapids and saw the barred, great horned, barn, long-eared, and short-eared owls that are there for rehabilitation.

Between those two excursions, I've been regularly going to Heritage Park in Farmington Hills and St. Clair Shores and Kensington Metroparks to see if I can spot any owls. Besides one possible sighting of a great horned owl flying in St. Clair Shores Metropark, I haven't had any luck.

But considering my obsession with owls started only a few months ago, I'm pretty happy with my involvement in the owl-world so far. :lol:

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and I'm definitely excited to learn more and witness the wonderful creatures that are owls. :)

--Rena
Rena

Re: New from SE Michigan

Postby SandyLee » Tue May 28, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi Rena! Welcome!!!! We have quite a few Owl/Raptor folks here..... (me too!).... as well as quite a few folks from SE MI! So happy you joined us..... "Hop in" at any time and share your sightings, pics and/or questions! :D
- Sandy
SandyLee

Postby res » Tue May 28, 2013 10:34 pm

Great to have you on board. You will like the folks here. Have a look around and feel free to jump in. Rick
res

Postby Rena » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Thanks! There are some amazing photos here. It's encouraging to read the posts by people who've seen owls; to know that they exist in places nearby :R .
Rena

Postby SandyLee » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Look forward to hearing more from you Rena! We have a bunch of Owlers here!
- Sandy
SandyLee

Return to Meet and Greet