Hello All

Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you

Hello All

Postby lopicma » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:21 pm

My name is Mark Lopiccola and I am Truck Driver working a camera on the weekends.

My formal education is in Forestry and Ecology, both from Michigan Technological University. Every weekend is a vacation for me and twice a year I get a week off and explore my photography further. I have lived in Michigan all my life, and after traveling to nearly every state in the union with trucking, I can't find a better place to live... well maybe Arizona... LOL

My main interest in photography are Nature and Wildlife, but I like to throw in a Landscape now and then.

What I hope to gain from this forum is a place to post my bird sightings and a some insights as to where to find my next subject. I look forward to my next outing and hope to see out there as well.

Happy Birding,
‚Äč
lopicma

Re: Hello All

Postby siouxzq_24 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:23 am

Welcome, welcome, welcome! This is SUCH a great group here. We have all levels of birders and photographers from the beginners to the vastly experienced! Some of us are back-yarders, and some like to make extended field trips or even a walk on their own patch!

We all just adore seeing other folks' photos, and hearing about any sightings. We share information on anything rare or odd that comes along. We aren't a large group, but what we have, we have in spades! You'll love it!

:D
siouxzq_24

Postby SandyLee » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Hi Mark!
SO happy to have you join us! :W

As Siouxzq said... we are an eclectic group of photographers and birders who take interest and joy in sharing sightings and photos, and look forward to your input!

What a fantastic educational background you have! I'm sure you will be able to help us with ID's and more!

If you need assistance with anything here on MiBirding, please feel free to email/PM me ... or other members too! (We tend to be a pretty helpful and friendly bunch!)

Love your Avatar!

-Sandy
- Sandy
SandyLee

Postby res » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:42 am

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to your posts. You will enjoy this site with the wide variety of folks who work together to help each other in bird or nature id's and or technique suggestions. Hope in.
res

Postby FredZ » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:06 am

Welcome Mark !!
FredZ

Postby Rick Baetsen » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:49 pm

Welcome to the group Mark, you will find good people and things here. When were you going to school at MTU? We had family members going to school there from 2005 to 2013, one of them in Forest Ecology getting her Masters there in 2013.
Rick Baetsen
Rick Baetsen
USFS-USFWS Ret.
Michigan Outdoor Writers Association
Walloon Lake and Munising, Michigan
http://www.rickbaetsen.com
Rick Baetsen

Return to Meet and Greet