Hello from Howell

Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you

Hello from Howell

Postby MikeW » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Hi,
My name is Mike Whear and I've been a member for a couple weeks now. I guess I was so happy to see all the info out on the site about sightings and all the photos, that I never even noticed the Meet and Greet section.
I'm from Michigan originally but moved when I joined the Marine Corps years ago (don't ask how many please) and between the 8 years in the Corps and then an additional 14 years in Florida I finally got back here in 1999 and am living in Howell (but after this winter I'm wondering why I ever left Florida). I love the outdoors and nature. I've always been interested in photography and a couple years ago I took the plunge and invested in some good gear, I shoot Canon. I got heavy into landscape photography to start with but am now also getting into wildlife and bird photography. I'm finding two things very different about bird photography (1) I need a bigger lens, much bigger and (2) I need to get quicker, because unlike mountains and waterfalls, birds will just up and leave ;).
I had the pleasure of meeting Cindee while shooting some Snowy Owl pics up by McBain a few weeks ago and am really impressed with the folks on the site. A lot of helpful people with a lot of good information going around. I have been enjoying a lot of the posts and photos in many of the topic areas and am glad I joined the network. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful,
MikeW
MikeW

Re: Hello from Howell

Postby Danaduck » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Semper Fi! from an old Navy helo pilot that served a cross deck tour at New River MCAS, floated on the USS Okinawa with BLT 9/2 and finished up teaching amphibious ops at Expeditionary Warfare School at Little Creek.
Danaduck

Re: Hello from Howell

Postby SandyLee » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi Mike,
Thanks for posting in the Meet and Greet! Big WELCOME! So happy to have you join us...Glad you were able to hook up with Cindee. We will look forward to seeing more from you.
If you ever need any help here on MBN, please feel free to email or PM me.
We are a great, eclectic group of photographers, birders and nature lovers.... hope you enjoy! :D
- Sandy
SandyLee

Return to Meet and Greet