Hello

Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you

Hello

Postby Ekfelton » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:16 pm

A little about myself.

My name is Eric Felton. I live in Newport,MI.

My interests include photography, hiking camping as well as birding.
I, like most people in my generation, spent 4 years in the army, with 2 tours in Vietman.
I have live in 7 different states, from North Carolina to Arizona. I was away from birding for a number of years because of my work.
I started birding at age 12 and continued nonstop till I went into the army. I started birding again about 10 years ago.
One of my favorite birding spots is Sierra Vista, Az during the hummingbird migration. It is just amazing. Another of my favorites is the Circle B Bar Reserve near Winter Haven, Fl. My wife and I spend a few week there each year. It is also a great place to photograph all kinds of water birds, as well as hawks,owls and eagles.
I am happy to be a part of this birding community.
Ekfelton

Re: Hello

Postby MikeW » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Hey Eric, welcome! Eric and I met a couple years ago and quickly became good friends. We did a trip to Oregon for landscape photography and I spent a few days with him and his wife in FL this winter photographing birds at the Circle B Bar. He has some great bird shots. He is pretty much responsible for getting me heavier into bird photography...and that's what I'm planning to tell my wife when I get around to buying my big lens :lol:
MikeW

Postby SandyLee » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi Eric!
Welcome to MBN! So happy to have you join us and will look forward to hearing and seeing more from you! :D
My computer has been down since last Thursday afternoon.... Finally got it back today and saw a notice that you had PM'd me? (but I don't see a msg from you in my in box here.) Let me know if I've missed something or if I might be of help to you.

Again, welcome to our group.... some really great folks here!
-Sandy
- Sandy
SandyLee

Postby TinaTC » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi Eric,

Welcome! I lived in AZ for a while. The hummingbird migration must have been an amazing sight. Looking forward to seeing your photos, and thanks for your service to our country.
TinaTC

Postby res » Fri May 02, 2014 10:00 am

Great have you on board!! Looking forward to some photos!!
res

Return to Meet and Greet