Transplanted Kansan

Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you

Transplanted Kansan

Postby Catbird » Mon May 19, 2014 7:27 pm

Sporadically avid birder until I moved to metro Detroit in 1998. Not that the birding isn't great in MI--just got separated from my usual bird buddies and caught up in other things--work, mountain biking, music, raising a kid. Not much of a joiner but had to sign up here because of some surprising bird behavior I saw on Mackinaw island over the weekend--seagulls herding bats out over the water in what appeared to be an attempt to tire them out and separate them from cover so they could become dinner! Perhaps someone could advise me the appropriate category to post the details?
Catbird

Re: Transplanted Kansan

Postby SandyLee » Mon May 19, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi Catbird! Welcome to MBN! We are a GREAT eclectic group of everything from "pro-birders" to casual birders to pro-photographers (and LOTS in between!)

I would say to start a thread in "Sightings" for your questions... with an appropriate subject line. If you need any help or recommendations, feel free to PM or email me... We have members that are experts in several areas... I may be able to refer you to them if they haven't stopped by the forum recently.

Thanks for joining us! We are ALL around here to help you out, if needed!
- Sandy
SandyLee

Postby deadstream guy » Mon May 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Welcome aboard Catbird. I'm not one of the experts on here, just one of the "in betweeners!"
Actually I'm a middle-aged, pot bellied woodsman/taxidermist from Roscommon county.
deadstream guy

Postby res » Tue May 20, 2014 10:55 pm

Glad to have you on board
res

Return to Meet and Greet