I am new to your board, Hello

Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you

I am new to your board, Hello

Postby Barbara88246 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:53 am

I am not new to backyard birding, but I am new to bird photography, and new to the world of trail birding and identifying birds. I am here to learn and share, and I admire the great postings and pictures. I have just joined the Sleeping Bear Birding Trail Facebook page, and have been trying to tie birders together with other in common interest organizations. Not professionally, nor to do anything but share information about Michigan Bird lovers. I live in the Traverse City area, with my rescue dog Sofie, and am thankful to live in such a beautiful part of the world. I hope I can share worthwhile information with all of you, my photos will be on the beginner side but please bear with me. Barbara
Barbara88246

Re: I am new to your board, Hello

Postby TinaTC » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi Barbara,
Welcome! We have a lot in common. I'm a longtime bird lover but a noob to the photography thing. I also have a rescue dog and live in TC! I took a few birding-by-ear courses recently at Sleeping Bear Dunes. The instructor is part of a birdwatching group. Every Sunday they go to a local area and then report the bird count. If you are interested, let me know and I'll PM you her email to get on her list. (Or maybe you're already on it?) I haven't gone to one yet since I've been busy with home improvement stuff, but I hope to start going soon. I'll have to check out that Facebook page too!
TinaTC

Postby MikeW » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Welcome abroad Barbara! I think you will find this site helpful and fun to be involved with. I've only been on since February and find it very interesting. Lots of great info and pictures.
MikeW

Postby SandyLee » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi Barbara!
Thanks for posting in the Meet and Greet! Welcome! We are happy to have you join us here. I'm also in the TC area, and previously lived in Leelanau County. We have the absolute BEST regional bird/nature forum on the net...and thanks to our members, it's always active, helpful and friendly.
Will look forward to hearing more from you! :D
- Sandy
SandyLee

Postby siouxzq_24 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:08 pm

Howdy Barbara! WELCOME!!!! We have birders and photographers of ALL levels around here! We may be a fairly small group, but these are some of the best folks you could possibly hope to "network" with! Our fair Webmistress, SandyLee, is amazing, we have some VERY knowledgeable ID-ers, and quite a few photographers from beginners to experts!

I started as a back-yard birder myself, and my photography was a direct result of wanting to capture some of the beautiful critters we have here in Northern MI! We all are learning every day, and I know I am looking forward to seeing your contributions!

Suzanne
siouxzq_24

Postby Barbara88246 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:59 pm

TinaTC
I would love to go. I too am bogged with house improvements but the birds come first. Feel free to email me. thanks.
And everyone else thank you for the warm welcome. As soon as I can figure out how to downsize my photo I have a mystery bird i cannot identify. :)
Barbara88246

Postby FredZ » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:36 pm

Welcome Barbara !! You'll like it here :}
FredZ

Return to Meet and Greet