Hello from Shelby Township

Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you

Hello from Shelby Township

Postby suekie2 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:24 pm

Hi everyone, My name is Sue and I'm new to this group but definitely not new to birding. I live in Shelby Twp (Southeastern MI, about 30 north of Detroit) and I love to bird. My sister and I have been birding since the early 90's. Our favorite birding place is Point Pelee Ontario. My sister and I are both single so we do a lot together.
We both love camping and have recently migrated from tent camping to a gorgeous hard sided camper :). Hopefully this will enable us to start venturing farther for our birding excursions. I'm also a photographer, and am trying to hone my craft to include the 'oh so colorful' Warblers. As long as birds are sitting still, I can get a decent shot, but if they're on the move, as most Warblers are, it's hopeless for me, until I get better lenses. I found this site in search of a website that gives daily bird sightings, especially now since we're heading into Spring migration. Ontario has 'Ontbirds' and Massachusetts has 'Massbirds'. So if anybody knows of one, please let me know.

Happy Birding everyone!!
suekie2

Re: Hello from Shelby Township

Postby siouxzq_24 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Welcome Sue! You will find a very intimate but diverse group of SUPER people here! Our birding expertise goes from total Newbie to a President of a Local Audubon Society and everything in between! The photographers here run just as wide a range!

We all look forward to hearing about your field trips, evening strolls, or backyard birds! There are some VERY experienced photogs here, so if you need technical help someone should be able to help you out!

Happy Birding!!!

Suzanne Muma
Charlevoix, MI
siouxzq_24

Postby MikeW » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:44 pm

Welcome Sue! I've been a member of this site for almost a year now and it is a great place to learn and to enjoy some of the stories, adventures and photos of others...looking forward to yours. I'm not a birder (that is the learning part for me) but do enjoy the photography end of things. I think you will find everyone here very helpful and willing to pass on information. Welcome aboard!
MikeW

Postby SandyLee » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:07 pm

Hi Sue! Welcome to MiBirding! We are pleased to have you join us. We are definitely an eclectic and friendly group with many birding and photography interests! We will look forward to seeing/hearing more from you. :D
- Sandy
SandyLee

Return to Meet and Greet