Interesting Software Program

How To's, buy/sell gear, hints, techniques, and questions

Interesting Software Program

Postby tozjohn » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:58 pm

A photographer friend of mine recently sent me some information on this program used to remove simple obstructions from your photo's. He uses it to remove unwanted people from his landscapes while traveling. I tried it out and it does not work to bad. It's a quick and simple method for removing those unwanted twigs etc that always seem to fall across the bird just as you pull the trigger. Its called InPrint and costs about 20 bucks to buy. I attached a few pics that I tried the program on and as you can see it did a fairly good job. There is still a bit of blurring on the feathers of the Great Blue but unless you know where the branch was it isn't noticeable. The thing I like is that it is much easier and quicker than the good old clone tool and can be used in the field on my laptop. That way I don't have to wait to get home to my main-frame to see what the bird looks like without the obstruction.
This is the link to the website for the program if anybody is interested.

http://www.theinpaint.com/

Ron Johnston
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada

Green Heron in tree- Dow Marsh, Sarnia, Ontario - Sept 7, 2012.jpg
Picture of Green Heron with branch in front of face
Green Heron in tree- Dow Marsh, Sarnia, Ontario - Sept 7, 2012.jpg (179.04 KiB) Viewed 1035 times

Green Heron in tree- Dow Marsh, Sarnia, Ontario - Sept 7, 2012 corrected.jpg
Corrected pic of Green Heron with branch removed with InPrint
Green Heron in tree- Dow Marsh, Sarnia, Ontario - Sept 7, 2012 corrected.jpg (172.95 KiB) Viewed 1035 times

Great Blue Heron, St-Clair Parkway ON - Sept 6, 2012.jpg
Picture of Great Blue with branches in front of body
Great Blue Heron, St-Clair Parkway ON - Sept 6, 2012.jpg (119.5 KiB) Viewed 1035 times

Great Blue Heron, St-Clair Parkway ON - Sept 6, 2012 corrected 2.jpg
Corrected pic of Great Blue with branches removed with InPrint
Great Blue Heron, St-Clair Parkway ON - Sept 6, 2012 corrected 2.jpg (113.2 KiB) Viewed 1035 times
tozjohn

Re: Interesting Software Program

Postby SandyLee » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:31 pm

I think it did a great job, Ron! Much better than the clone tool! I'll have to give it a whirl! Really made a dif to the photos.
- Sandy
SandyLee

Return to Photo Tech Talk