Prints

How To's, buy/sell gear, hints, techniques, and questions

Prints

Postby siouxzq_24 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:23 am

If one does not have the ability to print over-sized prints with their own equipment, any idea which "do it yourself" outlet has the best quality for the money? I have used Rite Aid and have not been happy. I have heard that Walgreen's is good, or how about Meijer or Walmart?

Thoughts?
siouxzq_24

Re: Prints

Postby Kevinj » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Are you looking to just make one print or are you looking for a run of a print several different prints? What size prints are you looking for?
Kevinj

Postby SandyLee » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Not sure what's in Charlevoix..... but how about the Camera Shop in TC? They may be able to help out.
- Sandy
SandyLee

Postby siouxzq_24 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:08 pm

I'm looking for somewhere to get 1 over-sized prints (larger than 8 x 10) of two different photos. There is a camera shop here that I might check out to see what their costs is.
siouxzq_24

Postby res » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:53 pm

I use bayphoto on line for all my printing. Order $12 or more and shipping is a flat 1.50. They can print about anything. I shoot soHS seniors and have never had a complaint with thier quality.
res

Postby tozjohn » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 am

If your willing to have a online company do the prints for you I would recommend a company out of New York called AdoramaPix, part of the Adorama camera store. I've had quite a bit of work done by them (books & prints) and have never been disappointed. Since I live in a border city I have access to the postal and courier services in both countries, thus orders from American companies are sent to Soo Michigan for pickup. Right now the prices for single copies of 8X10 are $1.50, 11X14 is $4, and 16X20 is $10.00. The shipping cost for large prints is $7 by U.S. mail. They say the processing time is 5 days and delivery is 2 to 4, however, I have found on all my orders they have been quicker. But, none of my pints have been oversize. So, 2 11X14 prints would cost you $15 delivered in about a week. Don't know what your cost's would be in your locality but here in Soo Canada the same items would cost a minimum of $25, and although delivery is a bit quicker, the quality is very much poorer. This is the cost at a local self serve camera shop (Black's Cameras and Photograpy). Have never priced a local Color Lab (custom prints) but can only imagine what their prices would be. Hope this is of some help.

Ron Johnston
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
tozjohn

Return to Photo Tech Talk