Photoshop opportunity

How To's, buy/sell gear, hints, techniques, and questions

Photoshop opportunity

Postby res » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:55 am

I just wanted to put this out there if you are interested in trying photoshop. Adobe has come up with a system where by you can subscribe to photoshop for 9.99 per month if you purchase a full year at a time. That would make it about 120 per year. Also, watch the fine print as they will charge sales tax I believe. This is the full blown full sized photoshop along with another program called lightroom which also gets great reviews. It is NOT for everyone and I do understand that. The deal is supposed to be through the end of the year. I have no idea how much they will jump the price after the year. If you edit in photoshop and save your final edits as JPG you will never loose your photos. IF you save your photos as PSD files (Photoshop's version of edited raw files) then those may not be able to be opened later on with older stand alone programs. I never use PSD anyway and leave my raw files as straight out of the camera and then do all of my editing in Tiff. When complete, I save to JPG and remove the Tiff (they are monster files) If you are using elements, you will find some of the features similar I am told (no personal experience with elements, sorry) If it works for you, enjoy. If it doesn't, not a problem.

Keep watching and shooting!!
res

Re: Photoshop opportunity

Postby SandyLee » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Thanks, Res.... will explore it. I know Lightroom is highly rated.....
I do like my PSE11.... does RAW and lots more stuff that I am still learning! After editing, I don't generally save in PSD....and don't totally understand TIFF yet!

DOES sound like a great deal tho!

For those that are interested in PSE...... download the "Trial Version".... it's free and includes everything. When you get to the end of the Free Trial, Adobe will usually send you a "deal"..... got my subscription for about 60 bucks, love it.
- Sandy
SandyLee

Return to Photo Tech Talk