Merry Christmas To All and A Few More From Texas

A place to share your favorite photographs

Merry Christmas To All and A Few More From Texas

Postby tozjohn » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:43 pm

Been doing a bit of catching up with pics I took this past spring in Texas. This is one of my favourite birds, the American Avocet, but usually they are fairly difficult to get close to and get a fair to middling pic. Was lucky this time as we were able to stay in our blind (car) and let them approach us. Worked out fairly good. I guess it's a good thing I could get these shots this time as my southern sorties has been curtailed for this year (hopefully just this year) Seems that the guy in the white lab coat prefers me to stay north of the border for the upcoming year. It seems that my health insurance for the old ticker wont cover me right now and your hospital costs are way too high for my pocket-book. So, this year I will stay up north and fight the snowdrifts. :-(

I hope you'all enjoy my pics and at the same time, I and my better half, would like to wish all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May the Lord's blessing be with you in the upcoming year 2017.

First try with this sites new format, appears to work pretty fair Sandy.

Linda and Ron Johnston
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada

American Avocet - Rollover Pass, Bolivar Peninsula TX, April 12, 2016.jpg

American Avocet (a flock in flight) - The Jetty, Bolivar Peninsula TX, April 6, 2016.jpg

American Avocet (flock in flight) - The Jetty, Bolivar Peninsula TX, April 6, 2016.jpg

American Avocet (headshot) - Rollover Pass, Bolivar Peninsula TX, April 12, 2016.jpg

American Avocet (pair) - Sea Rim SP TX, April 15, 2016.jpg

American Avocet (bottom view) - The Jetty, Bolivar Peninsula TX, April 6, 2016.jpg
Attachments
American Avocet (in flight) - The Jetty, Bolivar Peninsula TX, April 6, 2016.jpg
tozjohn

Re: Merry Christmas To All and A Few More From Texas

Postby MikeW » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:54 pm

Nice shots Ron! That is a cool bird that I have yet to see in person. Thanks for posting the photos. Stay warm up there and Merry Christmas!
MikeW

Re: Merry Christmas To All and A Few More From Texas

Postby SandyLee » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Stunning images Ron! Thanks!

Stay warm and safe and have a wonderful holiday season!
- Sandy
SandyLee

Return to Photo Sharing