My cat

People, pets, places, adventures, opinions, humor, sports and other stuff!

My cat

Postby TinaTC » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:12 pm

Daryl was a stray who had been attacked by some animal and suffered a terrible gash to his left shoulder. Some caring people found him and took him to a vet for treatment. The vet treated him pro bono and then turned him over to AC PAW (pet rescue). He went up for adoption in the fall. I was in Petsmart looking at the cats and there he was, sticking his paw through the cage bars and asking me to rub his cheeks. Needless to say my search was over. Daryl is the perfect companion for my small dog when I'm at work all day. He's affectionate, loves attention, loves to be petted, and never gets into anything. He's just the perfect cat! My dog was a little aloof and jealous at first, but Daryl worked hard to win him over and now they're buddies.

You can see the indentation on his left shoulder area where his injury was. He lost tissue there and still limps a little. I'm going to start taking him in for cold laser therapy to help him heal. And for Daryl's protection and the birds, he is strictly an indoor cat! He's so happy to have a warm home that I don't think he minds at all. ;)
Attachments
20150216_1762__01.JPG
20150216_1762__01.JPG (290.72 KiB) Viewed 685 times
TinaTC

Re: My cat

Postby SandyLee » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:09 pm

What a beautiful kitty! Thanks for sharing him with us! :D
- Sandy
SandyLee

Return to Round Table Discussions... What's up?