Musings

People, pets, places, adventures, opinions, humor, sports and other stuff!

Musings

Postby silverowl » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:57 am

Hi all,

I haven't posted much on here for a long time. I am so busy working, that it seems I never have time for much else. Today though, I am car-less. Perry has taken the car and gone to Gaylord for the BSA Klondike Derby. Here are my thoughts for today (before I start on the daunting task of housework) :

The big question: I wonder why it is that every spring and fall I get the STRONG urge to take a very long road trip???

Smaller question: Why is it, my car can sit in the drive for days, and I don't want to go anywhere, but the minute it is unavailable to me...I want to go somewhere!???? (of course, it is always when I think..."oh, I should be birding!"

LOL! Have a great day everyone! The days are getting longer, Spring is almost here!

Donna R.
Donna R.
silverowl

Re: Musings

Postby Cindee » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:45 am

Hi Donna,

I've missed you here. I know exactly what you mean about not being able to do something when you want to. Currently my boiler is not working (since last Wednesday). WE have electric heaters running so the house is not cold but I have no hot water. Now normally laundry and dishes are not on my wish list of things to do but this weekend, I found it very depressing that I couldn't do laundry or wash dishes. We have even been going out for dinner because I don't have enough clean pans to cook and that isn't even fun. I would rather have been cooking. Hopefully the part that we need will show up today and Larry can get it fixed. I WANT A SHOWER!

Cindee
Cindee

Postby silverowl » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi Cindee,

I hope you have heat and hot water again!

Donna
Donna R.
silverowl

Postby SandyLee » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi Donna! Really like that you posted.... We are all here for you. It's been a rather weird winter for us too.

I think we need to have an early Spring "get together".... We have also had a lot of "crap" happen lately... hope you are doing ok... Love ya...
San
- Sandy
SandyLee

Postby silverowl » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Sandy,
I do like the idea of a get together. I remember when I first joined, you folks all did a camping weekend sometime during the year. I thought..."what fun!" But never got a chance to go to one. Maybe we should bring that back. I'd host, but my camping spot is very, very primitive. (haul in water and dig your own latrine, type) I don't think most of you would like that.

Donna
Donna R.
silverowl

Return to Round Table Discussions... What's up?