New Blog

Share your websites, blogs, galleries, listservs, etc.

New Blog

Postby lawso1dw » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:46 pm

I just added a new Blog about my own birding experiences. Also, for those in the Charlevoix, Emmet, or Antrim county areas I have listings of all the sightings logged in eBird over the last two weeks for these counties. I hope you will enjoy!

http://www.birdingcharlevoix.com
lawso1dw

Re: New Blog

Postby SandyLee » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:23 pm

I would encourage EVERYONE to visit Darrell's Blog! SO incredible! And, wonderful that you posted a link to it here on MBN....... checking out blogs, sites and posts help keep us all informed as to what's happening!

Your Blog is TOPS!!!! :R Thank you for sharing it with us.... and thank you for your GREAT participation here on MBN.
- Sandy
SandyLee

Postby Kim LeBlanc » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:28 am

Darrel,

I just took a look at your blog! Very cool. I see you made a vist to my neck of the woods on the 14th! The Shiawassee Refuge & State game area are in my backyard! I live on the "Bad river" in St. Charles. I usually boat from the house to go through both areas! Might be able to give you a boat ride next spring if your interested. I have taken the drive through but prefer to boat.

Photos taken along the auto route in September.

Regards,

Kim LeBlanc
Attachments
IMGP9168 - Copy - Copy.JPG
Nice buck
IMGP9168 - Copy - Copy.JPG (288.2 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
IMGP9233 - Copy.JPG
Imm. eagle
IMGP9233 - Copy.JPG (203.94 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
IMGP9314 - Copy.JPG
First nesting pair on refuge!
IMGP9314 - Copy.JPG (258.17 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
Kim LeBlanc

Postby lawso1dw » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:52 am

Wow, thanks Kim! a boat ride through Shiawassee would be great! We saw someone in there on a boat while driving through on the 14th, although with as windy and rainy as it was that day I think I was ok being in car. I have to imagine boating through there would be amazing in the spring.

And I love the pics too! I am especially fond of trumpeter swans.
lawso1dw

Return to Member Links: websites, blogs, galleries, etc