- 1. A Life List tab that will show the birds from your eBird list with the Scientific Name, the Family Name, and the ABA Category Code filled in automatically. Along with your date and location from eBird. If you don't use eBird you can enter the names, date and location manually and the rest will fill in.
2. A Life List that has them grouped by Taxonomic format. This tab automatically updates from the Life List tab. This will also show you how many birds are in a family, and how many more you need from that family.
3. A List of those birds still needed listed Taxonomically. As you update the Life List, the birds will disappear off this sheet. This sheet also shows how many more birds you need from each family. I also added a column for Range of the birds needed (I still want to do some work on this).
4. A list of birds still needed in Alphabetical Order. Again updates automatically from the Life List tab. Names disappear as you add them to your Life List tab.
5/6. ABA Checklists from their website one listed Taxonomically, the other Alphabetically for however one prefers to look through it.
7. A Summary tab of all the Haves and Needs for each Family.
Let me know any thoughts or opinions. Tried to stay away from Pivot Tables and the like, as I wanted to keep it as simple as possible.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/81rodf2b8kwh0 ... elist.xlsx