Hello, Tom sent me

Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you

Hello, Tom sent me

Postby Louise Dawson » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:23 am

Tom Weaver contacted me and told me about this new group. I used to post to NMB, and am glad to see a new venue for postings.

I own a birding store in Grand Blanc, J.J. Cardinal's, and absolutely love it, have been married 30 years to a fantastic person, Mike, and live on a special place of land we named High Point. It is the highest point in Genesee county, and being wooded atop a ridge we see many migratory species of birds and other forms of wildlife. Today we are hosting 32 wild turkeys in the backyard: it's a noisy this time of year.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here at this new board, and thank you administrator for setting it up.

Louise Dawson
Louise Dawson

Re: Hello, Tom sent me

Postby SandyLee » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi Louise! Welcome to our site! Really pleased that Tom directed you to us and will look forward to hearing more from you!
- Sandy
SandyLee

Postby TJW » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Hello Louise , I'm so glad you joined , we have many SPECIAL people on this site , now we have one more!
TJW

Postby Alison » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi Louise! It's fun finding new sites like this to enjoy! I'm not sure if you knew who I was when you posted a "hello" on my new member message since I didn't post a lot of info about myself, but I'm Alison Sklarczyk,the potato farmer from Gaylord, and I ALWAYS make a trip into the store with my kindergarten teacher mom, Carol Hinshaw when I down for a visit. We loooove JJ Cardinals :) and we, as well as our cats, have been enjoying hoards of chickadees on the recycled plastic platform window feeder I bought during my last visit in December. My mom always tells me about her recents stops into the shop, and sent up an excellent article about you from the Flint Journal. What a nice piece about you and your generosity! Nice to see you on here!
Alison
Alison

Postby Joe Green » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:43 am

Welcome to the forums, Louise!
-Joe Green
Joe Green

Postby Russ Emmons » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:09 am

Yes welcome! I remember you from NMB several years back! You posted often. Glad to see you here now!

Russ Emmons
'mi ojo es en la cielo' por aves!
Russ Emmons

Postby bert » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:42 pm

hello -- glad to see you on here. i remember meeting you several times at NMB get-togethers in the U.P. it's nice hearing from so many old friends and being able to read their posts and bird sightings. welcome.
bert mcdonald
bert

Postby Cindee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:46 am

Hi Louise,

I remember you from NMB. In fact, you posted a picture of an oriole feeder that I just had to have. My daughter lives in Grand Blanc so I've been in the store several times but you weren't there. Must be that you let the others work weekends (benefits of owning the business right?). I love your store and one of these days I hope to finally get to meet 'weezee'.

Anyway I am so glad you found us and am looking forward to your posts.
Cindee

Postby Louise Dawson » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:14 am

Wow, what a warm welcome, and thank you for ALL you kind comments.

We have red-winged blackbirds all over the place, and we have been hosting several e. bluebirds all winter. The flock of wild turkeys is already starting to split up, and can you believe ... two customers called the store this week with reports of seeing hummingbirds!

I saw a fox sparrow two weeks ago scratching in the mulch around the foundation of our home. Smart bird. It has been 15 years since I have seen a fox sparrow, and that last time was in the same vicinity.

I left work Monday, came home and immediately cleaned and filled the hummingbird feeders. Both people are very good birders, and I don't doubt that's what they saw.

Louise Dawson
Louise Dawson

Postby Russ Emmons » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Somebody needs to contact Allen Chartier about those Hummingbirds! ( amazilia1@comcast.net ) Way Way exceptional sighting for sure for Michigan!

Russ Emmons
'mi ojo es en la cielo' por aves!
Russ Emmons

Next

Return to Meet and Greet